The board of directors and management of Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter take our mission seriously. For almost 50 years, we have worked toward achieving our vision of a community with no abused, abandoned, neglected or homeless animals. We have never stopped providing exceptional care for every cat and dog that comes to us.
Our mission is threefold:
- Provide exceptional care for every homeless animal we serve
- Place homeless cats and dogs in permanent and loving homes
- Promote spaying, neutering, and microchipping of every pet as well as humane awareness and education
The success of our mission and achievement of our vision relies upon, you, our community of employees, foster caregivers, volunteers, donors, and adopting families. The shelter strives to provide the highest level of care above and beyond what is required. We hold our employees, fosters, volunteers, and adopters to these high standards since we are accountable to the animals who rely on us for their well-being and for finding them a loving permanent home. We are also forever thankful to our donors who have been the lifeblood of Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter since our beginning in 1972.
As leading practices continue to change, so must we. There are numerous initiatives underway at Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter to enhance programs currently in place and ensure that we are at the forefront of animal welfare. Here are some select highlights:
- Based on the rotational requirements of our governing by-laws, we have a new president and vice president as well as a new treasurer and board secretary. Additionally, to ensure that we have complementary skills on the board, we have introduced several new board members with diverse corporate and non-profit backgrounds. The board is passionate about a happy outcome for all our animals and remains dedicated to the pivotal role Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter plays in the lives of so many cats and dogs.
- The board has initiated a “strategy refresh” to ensure that our approach to all aspects of animal welfare is at the highest levels possible, keeping pace with trends and contributing to shaping generally accepted standards. One critical element of our strategy refresh is engaging with our community to solicit ideas and input. The goal of this initiative is to take Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter to the next level in all aspects of animal welfare and shelter impact.
- Our commitment to providing the highest levels of animal care is at the heart of everything we do. To that end, we are significantly enhancing our in-house veterinary capabilities. We have a highly credentialed supervising veterinarian on staff at the shelter. In addition, our lead veterinary technician is in the process of transferring his veterinary doctor credentials from another jurisdiction to New Jersey.
These are just a few highlights of the immediate actions we are taking to achieve our vision, execute flawlessly on our mission, and have the greatest impact on our community. We call on our entire community to continue to support us, work with us, and engage with us as we work together to provide the best possible outcomes for the dogs and cats in our care. By working together, we can find more homes for more dogs and cats.
The board of directors and management are both passionate and committed to doing our best for the lives of every cat and dog. This is simply why we exist. You have our commitment. For additional information please contact us at email@example.com.
Henry J. Ristuccia, President
Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter Board of Directors